Notice of Job Opening
Date: June 19, 2019
Department: Residential Sanitation
Performs semi-skilled work in street and right-of-way maintenance. Works under the direct supervision of a labor foreman. Somewhat general instructions are usually given prior to performing routine and repetitive tasks. More specific instructions, requiring a minimum of judgment, are given on more difficult tasks, and work is reviewed through spot checks while in progress. Public Service Associate does not usually exercise formal supervision over other employees.
Examples of Work
- Delivers materials, supplies, and personnel to job site.
- Operates dump, flat-bed truck, or other small motorized equipment to haul and unload asphalt, pipes, rock, gravel, and diii to job site.
- Participates in street construction and maintenance.
- Clears out storm drains.
- Lays fo1ms for pouring cement driveways and sidewalks.
- Operates power-driven and hand tools in packing asphalt.
- Operates pneumatic tools in repairing utility cut-ins.
- Assists in painting lines, directional signs, curbs, and lane crossing.
Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of work practices associated with street maintenance and construction.
- Skill in use of hand tools and small power tools.
- Ability to comprehend and follow oral instructions.
- Ability to work safely and cautiously while exposed to vehicular traffic.
- Ability to operate motorized vehicles and equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to work with machine1y and its moving parts, sharp tools, and other vibrating equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to occasionally lift objects of 50 to 100 pounds.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Ability to work with fellow employees and the general public in a courteous and harmonious manner.
Desirable Training & Experience
- Two year's minimum experience in maintenance and construction type work including the operation of medium sized equipment.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain promptly, a Class 5 driver's license.
Necessary Special Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Some experience in construction work including the operation of medium-sized motorized equipment.
- Must be capable of performing the necessary functions of the job.
- Class B CDL driver's license or ability to obtain within 6 months
General Online Application
If you have any additional questions please email or call Human Resources: +1 706 883 2037, firstname.lastname@example.org